- 1/25 Submitted affidavit on inadvisability of re-opening PS 89 due to
hazardous dust contamination post 9/11
- 2/1 Participation in 4-hour press conference with EPA Ombudsman and World
Trade Center air quality advocates;
interviews with Daily News, Newsweek
- 2/2 Quoted in Daily News article by Katie Caperton on World Trade Center
- 2/2 Input to Jeff Simmons of NY1 asking for input on World Trade Center
- 2/5 Response to inquiry from Maria Concepcion of NHK Japan Broadcasting
Corporation, regarding World Trade
Center testimony given to EPA Ombudsman.
- 2/5 Made a presentation at PS 89 parents assn. meeting regarding return
after 9/11 contamination.
- 2/7 Delivered oral and written testimony to City Council Sanitation
Committee on economic benefits of waste
- 2/8 Quoted in Tribeca Trib article on presentation at parents assn.
meeting at P.S. 89 re returning to school after
2/11 Interviewed by WNBC-TV, WPIX-TV, WCBS radio, and WABC radio during US
committee hearing on World Trade Center air quality
issues. Appeared with Ralph Penza on WNBC-TV
evening news and on WABC radio.
2/13 Made a presentation at Stuyvesant High School regarding World Trade
Center air quality issues. Interviewed by reporter at MSNBC online re same
2/14 Interviewed by Kirk Johnson, New York Times, on recycling issues;
later quoted in an article.
2/15 Half hour interview/debate with Dr. Winston Porter and Brian Lehrer
on WNYC radio - regarding proposed city recycling budget cuts.
2/18 Exerpt from 2/15 radio interview on news - WNYC radio
2/23 Presented written testimony at EPA Ombudsman's hearing regarding
World Trade Center air quality issues
Delivered written testimony to US Senate Environment committee regarding World
Trade Center air quality issues.
Numerous interviews for article in Gotham Gazette on recycling budget cuts.
- 2/28 Presented expert testimony in court proceeding against landlord of 80
John Street for failure to remediate
World Trade Center contamination of
- 3/1 Interviews with Etta Sanders of Gotham Gazette and Heidi Singer of
Staten Island Advance regarding recycling
budget cuts. Interview with Suzanne
Smalley of Newsweek on World Trade Center issues.
- 3/6 An hour phone interview with Juan Gonzalez, writer on World Trade
Center issues for Daily News.
appeared in his book, Fallout:
Consequences of the World Trade Center Collapse,
published 2002 by the New
- 3/8 Delivered oral and written testimony regarding World Trade Center air
quality issues at second City Council
hearing (environmental protection
- 3/11 Delivered oral and written testimony regarding World Trade Center air
quality issues at second EPA
- 3/11 Quoted in MSNBC article: Waiting to Inhale on World Trade Center air quailty issues.
- 3/13 Lobby day in support of retaining recycling program (meetings with Councilmembers and staffs); participation in
a press conference on recycling.
Interview with WNYC radio. Videotaped for Regional News Network,
on recycling issues.
- 3/18 More interviews with Gotham Gazette on recycling issues.
- 3/19 Appeared on New York 1 for five minute segment of hourly evening
program on World Trade Center air quality
- 3/20 Delivered written testimony to City Council's Sanitation committee
hearing - summary of short- and long-term
strategies for saving money by
increasing efficiencies and making new investments in recycling program.
- 3/22 Interviews with Washington Post (Christine Haughney) and McClatchy
newspapers (Muriel Dolbin) regarding
World Trade Center issues.
- 3/29 Interview with WNYC radio and Diana Yates of Staten Island Advance
newspaper, updating on recycling issue.
Finished up interview with Gotham
- 4/12 Delivered written testimony on World Trade Center air issues to
second State assembly hearing
- 4/14 Author of article in New York Times, City Section - reasons
against re-opening Fresh Kills landfill.
- 4/16 Investiture as park warden of Lt. William Tighe Triangle (Riverside-Inwood
- 4/17 Participation in press conference on recycling, steps of City Hall
- 4/17 Delivered oral and written testimony at City Council's Sanitation
Committee hearing - economic efficiencies of
increases in recycling diversion
- 4/18 Interviewed by "City as School" students for video project on New
York City's solid waste management
Became a full-length video, screened twice in 2002 in Manhattan.
4/20 Participant in meeting to form 9/11 Environmental Action.
4/23 Lobby day in support of retaining recycling program (meetings with Councilmembers and staffs); extensive
interview with Jazz 88 radio at
recycling press conference
4/25 Re-election as Vice Chair, Citywide Recycling Advisory Board.
4/29 Delivered oral and written testimony at City Council's Sanitation
Committee hearing - long-term solid waste
planning options for NYC, cautions
about DOS operating incinerators.
5/1 Re-election as Vice Chair, Manhattan Citizens' Solid Waste Advisory
5/2 Nominated to be re-elected as Vice Chair, NYC Waste Prevention
5/9 Conducted press briefing on NYC Waste Prevention Coalition's report on
cost-saving measures to fund recycling
program. Interviewed with Amy Eddings,
5/10 Interviewed with Paul Moniz, WCBS-TV, on WTC air issues; snippet
aired on 5pm news
5/10 Interviewed with Kirk Johnson, New York Times, on WTC
5/15 Quoted by Kirk Johnson in NYT article on WTC air issues
6/ Smith College Alumnae Quarterly, 2 page profile as part of feature
of Smith graduates in environmental fields.
6/5 Airing of part of interview with Amy Eddings, WNYC-radio (NPR) on
6/6 Phone Interview with Keith Kloor Senior Editor Audubon Magazine for
article on incineration for City Limits.
6/10 Interview with Robin Finn, NYTimes – profile
6/14 New York Times profile,
Keeping a Wary Eye on the EPA at Ground Zero”, page B2
6/20 Interview with Diana Yates, Staten Island Advance
6/21 Interview with Motoko Rich, Wall Street Journal,
regarding WTC air quality issues
6/25 Interview with Steve Gregory, WNYC radio
regarding recycling plan
6/26 Interview with Mubarak Daher, Self Magazine on WTC issues for
September, 2002 issue.
7/ Interview with Alicia Zuckerman, New York Magazine, regarding
cutting recycling budget
7/ Interview with Ben Smith, New York Sun regarding solid waste issues
Interview with Carolyn Szczepanski, Independent Media Center, regarding WTC
Interview with Margaret Ramirez, Newsday, regarding WTC issues
8/9 Interviews at 911EA press conference in front of EPA, NBC-TV, FOX-TV
(aired), NY1 (aired)
8/15 NY1 / CSPAN appearance – Town Hall program on physical and mental
health problems of WTC disaster –
1.5 hours. I spoke 3 minutes. Aired
numerous times by both NY1 and CSPAN.
Interview with Roger Witherspoon, Westchester Journal on WTC issues.
8/ 26 Interview with Marla Diamond, WCBS-radio 88
8/9, 26 Interviews with Scott Simmie, Toronto Star
8/27 Interview with Linda Martin, WCBS-TV – hour show on garbage challenge
8/ Interview with Nicholas Berube, La Presse,
9/5 Recommendations to Lower Manhattan Development Corp. re Memorial for
those killed by Environmental disaster
9/7 Quoted by
Roger Witherspoon in The
Journal News (Westchester) article
9/9 Interview with WCBS-TV, Paul Moniz – World Trade Center, TV
9/11 Quoted extensively by Scott Simmie in Toronto Star article on WTC.
9/ Exchange with Francesca Lyman, MSNBC online
Interview with Sacha Brodsky, Downtown Express, on WTC.
9/ Quoted by
Indypendent”, September issue, p. 12
Interview with Keith Kloor, City Limits on article about solid waste
9/24 Interview with Jamie Katz, City Limits, on article about incineration
Quoted by Keith Koor, in November, 2002 issue of City Limits:
11/21 Interview with Diana Yates at S I Advance, on Commercial recycling,
SWMP, other reports
12/27 Interview with Lucia, WBAI radio on EPA’s halting apt. dust cleanup
program. Aired 12/30.
12/27 Interview with Jackie, WFUV radio on EPA; aired during late afternoon
show, EPA closing WTC cleanup program.
12/27 Interview with Alisha Zuckerman, WNYC radio (NPR); EPA
closing WTC cleanup program
12/27 Press Conference with TV (CNN, Channel 9), radio (WNYC, 1010WINS,
papers, China World on EPA’s shutting down signup for its cleanup program.
12/27 Interview with Maggie Haberman, New York Daily News, quoted
in article on 12/28 re: EPA closing WTC cleanup program