The following advisory boards, comprised mostly of concerned citizens, have typically met monthly to become educated on their specific environmental issues and to make recommendations to implementing authorities.
· Manhattan Solid Waste Advisory Board, 1988 - 2006; 2014 - . Chair, 1992 - 1994; Vice Chair 1994 - 1996, 2001-2003; 2005- 2006. Waste Prevention Committee, Chair, 1991 - 2006.
Dyckman Inwood Noise Action (DIN Action) - 2008 - . Co-founder. Organizer. Advocacy for a quieter Inwood.
Inwood Livable Streets - Co-founder. Advocacy for bicycle infrastructure 2008 - 2011.
Technical Advisory Committee - Hudson River Valley Greenway project. 2009 - 2011. Route Planning for Hudson River Greenway from Dyckman St. to Yonkers.
Go Green Upper Manhattan - 2009.
· New York Citywide Recycling Advisory Board, 1990-. Steering Committee, 1991 - ; Vice Chair 2001 - 2003.
· New York City Waste Prevention Coalition, 2000 - 2005; Vice chair 2001-2003. Co-chair 2004-2005
· 9/11 Environmental Action, Founding member and Steering Committee member, 2002-2006 Testimony at City, State legislatures, comments on EPA protocols, numerous press interviews in advocacy of thorough cleanup and precautionary procedures after the 9/11 WTC building collapses and fires.
Presentation: "The Advisory Community's Role and Recommendations to Promote Waste Prevention Policies and Legislation in New York City", presented at the National Recycling Coalition's Seventeenth Annual Congress & Exposition, Albuquerque, NM. September 13-16, 1998
· New Jersey DEPE Mercury Emissions Standard-Setting Task Force, member, 1992 - 1994.
· NYC Environmental Policy Forum member, treasurer, 1980 – 1989. As part of this effort, I conceived, researched and got passed legislation to phase out all NYC apartment building incinerators by 1993.
· Camden County, NJ, Camden Environmental Technical Advisory Committee member, charged with advising Camden County on incinerator retrofit design, and other air quality matters. 1993-94.